As I’m sure you know, the unemployment rate for September, 2012 dipped down to 7.8%. And that’s great news – but how are things looking in the job market?
CareerBuilder released a study this week which polled the hiring outlooks of more than 2,000 employers throughout the country. And things are definitely looking up.
Here are the numbers:
- 26% of employers plan on hiring full-time employees in the 4th quarter (up 5% from last year).
- 22% of employers say the outcome of the election will influence or affect their hiring in the 4th quarter.
- 32% of employers added full-time employees in Q3 (that’s now).
- 9% of employers anticipate cutting headcount in the 4th quarter (down from 10% last year).
- These numbers are the strongest since 2007.